I offer the following classes to be taught at your site or a site
arranged for that purpose. The cost is $2000 per day for a maximum of
15 students. For larger groups please contact me. A single copy of
the lecture notes are provided with the class and you must make your
own copies for distribution before the class begins.
Networking from the Bottom Up
The following classes cover the major parts of a real, working,
network stack, starting from the lowest layers and finishing at the
user/kernel boundary of the operating system.
- Device Drivers (Half Day)
- A complete class on networking device drivers using the Intel
Gigabit Ethernet (igb) driver as an example.
- Various Security Classes
- A full suite of classes from general motivation on security
concerns all the way down to fail safe programming techniques.
- Introduction to Socket
Programming (1 Day)
- This class covers all of the basics for writing programs that
work with the sockets API. Client/server applications using
both the reliable (TCP) and unreliable (UDP) protocols are
covered in detail, including several code walk throughs of
working software. This class covers both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Deploying and Debugging DHCP
- This offering is intended for people who must deploy and manage
IP networks using the DHCP protocol. It uses real world
examples to give the student the knowledge and tools to work
with and debug the problems that arise in the day to day use of
DHCP in any size of network deployment.